First up Weigh in Wednesday…
Carolyn over at Fitnasty nominated me for my first ever award yesterday. I am so beyond excited!
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
So first, 11 random facts about me:
1.) I am an only child.
2.) I have been blessed with some amazing friends, and wouldn’t trade them for the world. Not once has being an only child been lonely.
Small sample of some of my favorite people in the world 🙂
3.) I studied Marketing at ASU’s W.P. School of business. Approximately a year before graduation I had a freak out about if that was what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life. So I did what any sane already stressed to the max human would do and took on a minor. I picked Women & Gender studies and LOVED it. Those were my “fun” classes and the saving grace for my sanity. It was beyond fun to go from the formal, straight laced-ness of the business school to the hippie dippie-ness of the social science school.
4.) I have traveled to fourteen different countries- and I would love to travel more. Spain and St. Thomas were my favorite destinations though.
On a Gondola in Venice and on top of the Eiffel tower.. Spain and Island pictures are on another computer!
5.) I have no tattoos thanks to my Dad. I think there are some amazing ones out there, but my Dad practically told me he would disown me if I ever got one. He also doesn’t like piercings.. but they aren’t permanent and I have currently have 8 of those :).
6.) I am obsessed with animals. I have 2 cats and 3 dogs. Unfortunately only 3 live with me, but the others are still my babies. Introduce me to animal and I will likely have a new best friend.
Accurate. Thanks Pinterest!
7.) I thought my favorite color was purple.. but after decorating a house I looked around and saw purple was no where to be found. I think I subconsciously avoided it for T’s sake :-).
8.) Losing my Grandma was probably the hardest thing that ever happened to me, but it made me reevaluate a lot and appreciate family time and the simple things a lot more.
9.) I LOVE summertime! If I could have sunlight 16 hours a day year around I would be the most productive person ever. I can’t wake up when it’s dark for the life of me! It’s gotten to the point that I have a coffee pot IN my bedroom.
10.) I met my soul mate young. I was an idiot and it took me awhile to figure it out.. but we’re getting married September 20th, 2014!
11.) I love most kinds of music, but predominately listen to country. I can sing just about every popular (and not so popular) song from the past 30 years.
1. Beach, mountains or city? That tough, but I am going to have to go with mountains. We take a yearly trip to Crested Butte, Colorado that’s coming up in a couple weeks and I’m dying of excitement!! Can.not.wait!! It’s beautiful, peaceful, relaxing, and everything you could ever ask for.
Can’t wait for our daily walks down the mountain!!
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would love to see either Greece or Ireland!
3. What did you want to be when you were a kid? I wanted to be a marine biologist. Now I realized I am equal parts fascinated and horrified by the ocean. It’s soo big.. there are things in there humans have never seen before… haha
4. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show? Trash TV.. Real Housewives of OC, Teen Mom, and practically anything on TLC.
5. What would you last meal be?
Oh man.. Sushi.. and my moms crock pot mac and cheese and her pot roast… there’s a reason I’m working on getting healthier here ya know..
6. What’s your favorite season? SUMMER!!!
7. What’s the best piece of blogger advice that you’ve ever received? That’s a hard one.. lots of bloggers have been generous with their time and knowledge. I don’t know!
8. What’s your favorite book of all time? Another almost impossible question. I LOVE the Harry Potter books, love Mary Roach, love Jeannette Walls.. I could go on lol
9. What’s your favorite internet meme?
Grumpy cat. T’s coworker personalizes them to people we know and she’s a total rockstar at it. Hilarious!
10. Who do you look up to?
My Grandpa. He lived though the depression, worked his ass off to keep his family alive, worked his ass off to make something of himself for himself and his family later in life, had a partner that royally screwed him and had to rebuild everything he worked for again at age 50- and did it! (Holy run on sentence).
11. What 2 famous people (dead or alive) would you love to have dinner with?
I would love to have dinner with Reba and Toby Keith. I’m such a hick.. I ❤ them both though.
Questions to Answer:
1.) What’s you favorite way to spend your free time?
2.) How many siblings do you have?
3.) What food could you never eat again and be completely okay with it?
4.) Whats your dream vacation?
5.) Do you consider yourself an animal person?
6.) How/where did you meet your best friend?
7.) What is your earliest memory?
8.) Which month is your favorite and why?
9.) What two people (dead or alive) would you like to have dinner with? (Sorry Carolyn, I’m stealing this one!)
10.) What is your favorite thing to read about on blogs?
11.) Whats your favorite holiday?
And my Nominees are:
- Chrissy- at Chrissy Lilly (she just barely made the 200 cut off!)
- KellyAnne from No Rest For The Weary Mommy
And with that I just realized I read a lot of “bigger” blogs..